Thursday, September 4, 2014

NIAID provides questions to ask yourself when writing your aims

On this page, NIAID provides helpful information regarding proposal design, including crafting your aims.  A great list of questions to ask yourself after writing the first draft of your aims includes:
  1. My reviewers would see my aims as tackling an important problem in a significant field.
  2. They would view my aims as being innovative, but not too innovative.
  3. My Specific Aims can test my hypothesis (or hypotheses).
  4. They are doable within the grant period I am requesting.
  5. The aims and hypothesis (or hypotheses) are concrete and well-focused.
  6. I can define endpoints my peer reviewers will be able to assess.
For more helpful tips, view the NIAID NIH grant writing tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment