Tuesday, May 1, 2012

OK, I really mean it - go to Washington DC!

My previous post about the NIH Regional Seminar got me reminiscing about my last trip to the National Zoo.  Now I can't stop thinking about when to plan my next zoo trip.  Of course this is leading to procrastinating not only on my doctoral coursework, but also on the R03 that I am supposed to be writing. 

For those of you who are still putting off getting started for the June deadline, join me on my adventures in procrastination as I look at all the National Zoo has to offer.  At the Meet our Animals link, you can learn about the 2,000 animals and approximately 400 species that call the zoo home.  Admission to the zoo is free, though you will have to pay for parking if you are not a Friend of the National Zoo (FONZ).  Seriously, who wouldn't want to make a small donation just to be part of a group that calls itself FONZ?  Great choice of name!  You can plan your trip to the zoo here.  And no, I am not being paid for any advertising or promotion of the national zoo.  I doubt the Smithsonian needs any help in the marketing department.  I am just knee-deep in work and looking for a way to blow off some steam.  Some people dream of trips to the caribbean or Walt Disney World.  I, on the other hand, dream of visiting some pandas and giraffes and wandering a 163-acre park all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment